National Pick Your Own Strawberries Day is within the month of May! Plus, June kicks off the month of Strawberry picking in Massachusetts! In honor of this delicious occasion, here is a list of where to pick strawberries in Massachusetts. However, don't forget to bookmark this post for where to pick apples in Massachusetts too!
Where to Pick Strawberries in Massachusetts
- Hanson's Farm in Framingham (hansonsfarm.50webs.com/pyohansons.html)
- Sunshine Farm in Sherborn (sunshinefarmma.com)
- Belkin Lookout Farm in Natick (lookoutfarm.com)
- Verrill Farm in Concord (verrillfarm.com)
- Dowse Orchards (dowseorchards.com)
- Ward's Berry Farm (wardsberryfarm.com)
Strawberry Picking Tips
Before you head out for the red, sweet goodness of strawberries, there are a few things to consider before you go.
- Check the Hours and Availability. Check the respective website or call ahead for the schedule late in the previous day before you plan to go. Sometimes, they can be “picked out”. Other times, the weather in New England means they are ready earlier in the season (or later) so you don't want to miss out or get there too late!
- Wear the Right Gear. Have comfortable clothes, hats and sunscreen/bug spray. You will get dirty in the fields, and either hot or wet. So wear sun protection as well.
- Bring Snacks. While you might have to leave the food in the car, be prepared for hungry kids. All that picking work can work up an appetite. So have popcorn, goldfish and especially water available. While you may nosh on the strawberries, it is good to have some other food available.
- Bring Wipes. Sticky fingers and faces will probably result after picking. So bring some wipes to wipe everyone down!
- Be Flexible. Sometimes the kids get there and don't want to pick for very long. So be prepared to have one person pick and the other person play with the kids. Or just go and buy a pint instead at the farm stand.
While they don't have strawberries, there are a few other U-Pick Strawberry places that have other picking opportunities in the summer.
- Carver Hill Orchard in Stow (carverhillorchard.com)
- Shelburne Farm in Stow (shelburnefarm.com)
- Honey Pot Hill in Stow (honeypothill.com)
Do you have any favorite places to pick Strawberries? Let Metrowest Mamas know so we can add it to the list!
Image Credit: Thumbnail Pexels-2286921 from Pixabay via Canva.com. Other images by Shamefaced via Pixabay.