Thanks to the wonderful fans on the Metrowest Mamas Facebook Page for sharing their favorite, kid-friendly, best places to pick apples in Metrowest Massachusetts with their families or to have a birthday party or school field trip. Alternatively, read this post for great loval strawberry picking places!
Best Places to Pick Apples in Metrowest Massachusetts
- Belkin Lookout Farm (Natick) A train takes you to the various places to pick apples and pumpkins, and a children's play area with animals, pony rides (*small fee), slides, hay rides, bounce house, magic shows, face painting (*small fee), music, food for purchase, and a variety of other things to keep kids having fun. Birthday parties, field trips and corporate packages available too. *Admission Fee to enter.
- Tougas Farm (Northborough). Hayrides, apples, pumpkins, a playground, a barn make this place a favorite for families. School field trips are welcome (*admission fee) but no birthday parties.
- Honey Pot Hill (Stow). Cider and donuts, petting zoo, hayrides, mazes (*small fee) and lots of pumpkins and apples make this orchard destination a classic. Birthday parties, corporate outings and school field trip packages available.
- The Big Apple Farm (Wrentham). Watch apples being sorted and donuts being made. Find the hidden train or enjoy a cup of hot or cold cider. Hayrides, the Pumpkin House and apples round up this family favorite. (Note that credit cards are not accepted.) Make sure to grab a free apple from the apple barrel.
- Shelburne Farm (Stow). Hayrides, pumpkins, food, apples and a little children's play area with pedal tractors, moon bounce, music, mazes and more. Birthday party and school trip packages available too.
- Sunshine Farm (Sherborn). It is a simple farm with easy to reach apple trees and hayrides. There is also a small store and ice cream during the warm season.
What are your favorites? …………………………………………………………………….
Image Credit: ezran via stock.xchng and Thumbnail by PlanetSheldon from Getty Images via Canva.com